Job description ‘Project / Business Development Engineer’
United Rail, headquartered in Jacksonville, FL is a privately held company. We represent international Rail Technology Providers in North America, develop and maintain our own products like the ‘Sentinel Solutions™’ suite of remote condition monitoring systems and provide consulting services to railroads and transit agencies. This combination – our extensive background in North America and our broad international experience – differentiates us from our competitors and is permits us to offer a unique set of services to our clients and business partners.
In representing our Swedish partner company, Prover Technology, we plan to open a new location in the New York / New Jersey area. Prover has developed software that automates the development, debugging and testing of railway signal and train control application programs for a variety of OEM platforms. To support Prover and to extend our team, United Rail is hiring a:
Project / Business Development Engineer
- Support existing NY based transit clients using the Prover Software tools (prover.com) in projects.
- Support North American railroad clients in using Prover Software tools
- Provide engineering services for signal projects from other North American railroad & transit clients.
- Develop and implement a North American market strategy for Prover Technology offerings.
- Provide Business Development for Prover Technology, primarily for the mass transit market
- Work closely with Prover in Sweden
- Flexibility to support in other related business fields as well
- BS in Electrical Engineering (preferred), PE Registration desirable but not required
- Detailed understanding of US signaling principles and underlying vital circuit techniques / safety principles
- Senior-level engineering skills to design, program and check complex mass transit interlockings
- Detailed application programing skills in mass transit andsignaling environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology
- Comprehensive knowledge of FRA and AREMA standards
- Existing personal / professional network in the North American mass transit and / or railroad market
- Ability to oversee and manage complex processes
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and able to work independently in a team-based environment
- Must have good interpersonal and communications skills
- Location: Greater New York / New Jersey metropolitan area
- Competitive salary structure
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible and independent management and work style
- Opportunity to be an integral part of a successful growing team and organization, and to gain experience in international business by working with our European partners
- Long term employment
We bring the World of Rail Together